MAINTENANCE WORKER I
The Loveland Housing Authority has an immediate opening for a full time Maintenance Worker I. Salary range is $3,150-$4,575/month and is based on experience. Compensation also contains a benefit package that includes: health insurance, life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and 457(b) retirement plan.
A Maintenance Worker I is assigned responsibilities related to the construction, maintenance, repair or upkeep of buildings, grounds at Housing Authority properties. This may include assisting in the renovation of buildings, general maintenance and upkeep of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and other systems, minor repairs to machinery or other equipment, and general maintenance of grounds or lawns.
Minimum qualifications include a high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), valid Colorado driver’s license with a clean driving record, ability to lift 50 lbs., and have at least five years of building maintenance and/or construction related experience. Participate in 24-hour on call rotation duties. Basic knowledge of computers required.
The successful applicant must have a high energy level, work well in team settings, and develop and maintain good relations with residents. Background check required. All Loveland Housing Authority properties are smoke free. Job closing date: July 31st, 2015.
CDBG-DR/LHIP Client Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
Variable Hour Employee
To assist in meeting the great needs created by the Colorado Floods of 2013, and High Park Fire, Larimer Home Improvement (LHIP) has developed a two year plan for its role in flood/fire recovery efforts. Specifically, this vision entails LHIP rehabbing/rebuilding flood/fire damaged home with a focus on health, safety, energy efficiency, ensuring home owners can remain living in their homes. Rebuilding roads, bridges and culverts damaged by the floods and rebuilding homes in the High Park Fire Area recently approved per the tranche 2 DR funding.
The two year plan includes repair and rehab of up to 150 homes throughout Larimer County. Funding provided by the Colorado State Division of Housings CDBG-DR program.
This position will exist for approximately two years. The position will be abolished and the employee separated from the Loveland Housing Authority when funding ceases and/or work for flood/fire recovery efforts for this position is deemed to be complete.
Primary Job Duties
- Collaboration with the Program Manager
- Works with the Program Manager to develop relationships with other organizations working on the flood/fire recovery.
- Work with the Program Manager on the continued outreach efforts to insure all effected families are aware of the program and resources it can provide.
- Daily office and administrative assistance as directed by manager.
- Project/Case Management
- Works closely with applicants to do intake, collect all required documentation, and coordinate environmental review, project inspections
- Work with volunteer agencies and the Long Term Recovery Group to coordinate resources so best utilized all loans, grants and volunteer efforts to rebuild homes, roads, bridges and culverts.
- Assist in the coordination of neighborhood meetings when Access projects include more than one owner.
- Coordinate inspection services throughout construction process.
- Assist with all DR draws and file management.
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Requirements
- Effective coordination of multiple resources
- Communication skills and patients to deal home owner under an extreme level of stress
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to creatively problem-solve to gather relevant information to solve vaguely defined practical problems
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously, prioritize tasks as appropriate, and operate under time and work volume pressure
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and flexibility
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Own transportation, willingness to work throughout Larimer County specifically the Canyon, Estes Park and High Park. Valid Driver’s license a must.
- Knowledge of volunteer coordination would be plus but not necessary
- Past or current disaster case management a plus but not necessary
- Base salary, limited benefits, and flexible scheduling options available
Skills, License, and/or competencies required and desired:
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and administrative skills
- Knowledge of local social service agencies
- Excellent organizational, time-management and communication skills.
- Individual must possess the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; able to demonstrate ability to learn new and/or customized software.
Send Resumes to Benefits@LovelandHousing.org EOE/MFVD/EHO